We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2013.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email addres
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Processing orders
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can change this preference within your account
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store debit/credit card numbers and all card processing is done via our Payment Processing Partner over a secure encrypted connection within your browser.
ABOUT COOKIES – SUPPORTING YOUR INFORMED CHOICE
Please note: this is our initial policy and we would ask that you consider this as our first stage of achieving privacy compliance for all visitors to our site. There is a degree of confusion around what is currently considered consent for cookies – and this is likely to remain the case for a little while yet – so here at MASSES we are not just addressing the legal compliance aspects, we also believe in open and transparent business operations.
Apart from the additional information provided by this update, the operation of our website has not changed or being modified. The detail contained within this page is provided to ensure your are fully aware of the ‘cookies’ we have in use, allowing you to make an informed choice about your continue acceptance of them.
SHOPPING CART / TRANSACTIONAL AREAS
AREAS OF THE SITE REQUIRING A LOGIN
Accepting the use of login functionality, without exception, you must explicitly agree to the setting of specific cookies, which allow this area to function.You may block these cookies using your web browser. To do so please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information and instructions on how to manage cookies. Blocking of cookies may affect some of the functionality of this site.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.